Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Post Number Uno

Ok, so I've decided to follow in the footsteps of just about everybody and start a blog. Primarily this will be about my disasters (and hopefully successes) in cooking.

Last Night's Dinner:
Sandwiches with goat cheese, apple and bacon

This was roughly translated from Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express (which I love so far) with apples substituted for pears. These are finished with balsamic and go great with a nice little salad.
I made stecca last week and had saved some in the freezer for this. The whole sandwich was a little salty, but the bite of the vinegar and the creaminess of the goat cheese really makes the whole dish delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pecan Pie on the Rise

Pecan Pie on the Rise
Who's to blame? Egg substitute, or me?